Frequently Asked Questions
- What does "hosting" mean?
- Hosting simply means that the QuickBooks software and data files are installed, stored, accessed and run on a hosting service provider's servers, rather than on one's own PC. End users connect via the Internet to the service provider systems to access and run their licensed QuickBooks software and data files.
- What is an Intuit Authorized Host?
- A company that has been legally authorized by Intuit to host QuickBooks desktop software for end users' access and specializes in scalable and secure professional software and data hosting services.
- What is the difference between QuickBooks Online Edition and the Intuit Hosting Program?
- QuickBooks Online Edition is a fully web-based accounting software solution offered directly by Intuit. The QuickBooks Hosting Program is a distribution and licensing program that allows the desktop PC-based versions of QuickBooks for Windows (QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise versions) to be installed and managed for end users by a hosting service provider who provides users access to a secure server. Users access their licensed QuickBooks desktop software on that server via the Internet using a user name and password to log into the host's server. While the key benefits of remote access and managed service are similar between QuickBooks Online Edition and hosted QuickBooks desktop software, the features, functionality and hosting platforms differ.
- Is using hosted QuickBooks slower than running QuickBooks on my own PC?
- As with any Internet-based service, you will need a good Internet connection in order to utilize QuickBooks in a hosted environment, and you'll need a host with the expertise and capabilities to provide you with legally-authorized, safe, secure and reliable access. Depending on your authorized host, the performance of the hosted system can approach the experience of running QuickBooks on a local PC, but your experience will vary depending on many factors, including the ones discussed above.
- What versions of QuickBooks software can be hosted?
- The QuickBooks Hosting Program allows hosting of QuickBooks Pro, all QuickBooks Premier versions, and QuickBooks Enterprise Edition in accordance with Intuit's Service Discontinuation Plan policy. Versions of QuickBooks that are no longer supported under Intuit's Service Discontinuation Plan policy are not available for hosting.
- Do I have to be running Windows in order to use the hosting service, or will it work with Mac and Linux?
- The QuickBooks Hosting program allows for the hosting of Windows-compatible versions of QuickBooks software. Depending on the hosting service provider, its browser specification and other requirements, and your own PC configuration and capabilities, you may be able to connect to their systems using Windows, Mac or Linux PCs. You must confirm accessibility requirements and options with your chosen provider before you sign up for their services.
- Do I have to purchase QuickBooks software before I can have it hosted?
- Yes. As an end user, you must have a valid license for each version of QuickBooks you choose to access via a hosting service as well as for each person who accesses the software. If you have already purchased valid QuickBooks licenses for your users, you can provide your licenses and accompanying software to the authorized hosting service provider to host the corresponding versions of QuickBooks for you. In some cases, you can rent your QuickBooks licenses from an authorized Intuit Commercial Hosting service provider, which allows you to use a QuickBooks product on a monthly basis for as long as you purchase hosting services. See authorized commercial hosting providers for details and pricing.
- What happens if I wish to stop my QuickBooks hosting service after I've signed up with a provider?
- If you wish to discontinue your QuickBooks hosting service with an authorized Host, simply copy your data files from the hosting service to your PC, retrieve any software licenses and authentic CD-ROM media from the hosting provider (if applicable), and terminate your service with the host according to their termination policies and your hosting contract. Once you termination your hosting services, you will need to install QuickBooks on your local PC in order to open and continue to use the software and your data files.
- Is my data secure when using the Intuit Hosting Program?
- While Intuit provides legal authorization to participating hosts, Intuit does not certify, guarantee or warrant individual Commercial and Standard Hosts' services or hosting environments. The Commercial and Standard Hosts who participate in the program are solely responsible for the security, privacy, availability and backup of QuickBooks data files and the software that they host, in accordance with their end user hosting service agreements.
- What does the "Authorized Commercial Host" and "Authorized Standard Host" statement and logo mean?
- This statement and logo mean only that Intuit has entered into a written agreement with the Commercial or Standard Host which legally authorizes them to remotely host certain versions of QuickBooks software for access and usage by properly-licensed end users. It does not mean that Intuit sponsors, certifies, prefers, or is officially or exclusively partnered with commercial or standard hosts.
- Can independent hosting companies offer QuickBooks desktop hosting if they aren't authorized by Intuit?
- No. Only Intuit-authorized hosts can offer QuickBooks desktop hosting services to end users.
Summit Hosting provides cloud-based hosting to U.S.-based and international businesses, delivering the highest level of performance, security and customer service.
Your experience with Summit Hosting begins with our knowledgeable U.S.-based sales team. We will work with you to understand your business, goals, and hosting needs. Once we've developed the right solution to meet your objectives, we put that plan in to action with our technical team.
CloudRunner™ offers the only complete ITaaS white-labeled platform built by a service provider for service providers to enable you to become the one-stop-shop for all SMB ITaaS needs. We automate all commodity IT services, move SMBs to the cloud and enable remote management capabilities for the rest of your customers' IT needs all under your brand.
SUPREME SERVERS QUICKBOOKS HOSTING
Providing you a virtual desktop from anywhere, anytime. Not only can you host your QuickBooks but also create a customized environment with any other software that you would like.
We provide the following:
- Over 15 years of experience
- 24/7 Expert Technical Support
- SSAE 16 certified datacenter locations: Miami & Dallas
- Full Desktop Experience – Install additional software
For more information, visit www.supremeservers.com
While all hosting providers aim to help businesses get operationally online, it's important to find a provider that works best for "your" business. Cloudvara offers fully managed server environments specific to your business' needs. Over 10 years of experience, reliable 24/7 technical support and a free 10 day trial!
CloudJumper consists of industry pioneers who helped create cloud computing from the earliest days of the millennium. Today, we have never stopped pushing for what's next. Simple, secure and cost-efficient, our WaaS, QB hosting and app virtualization solutions put the cloud within reach. We store, backup and manage all data in our Tier IV, SSAE16 certified data centers using current technologies from Microsoft, Intuit and others.
Cetrom is an award-winning, SOC2 & HIPAA-audited, custom cloud computing services provider specializing in IT solutions for medium-to-large CPA practices since 2001. For over 15 years, Cetrom has held an unmatched uptime record while delivering cost-efficient, secure, and reliable cloud computing services, backed by senior-level engineers. For more information, visit www.Cetrom.net.
CorKat Data Solutions
Complicated IT concerns can derail even the most determined leaders. That's why CorKat is changing the game when it comes to cloud computing for Main Street America. We're offering the kind of resources and expertise that you couldn't dream of—to turn something small into big-time plans for the future.
We're not your typical data center provider. Working together, we're on your side from start to finish, providing reliable, tailored cloud solutions that scale as you grow. You have a partner that's leading the charge to optimize your business—freeing you to take on what really matters most. Above all, we're here to help you build something big. So you don't have to do IT alone.
Cloud9 Real Time
Cloud9 Real Time is an Accredited Managed Service Provider delivering dynamic Cloud Solutions for Anytime, Anywhere access. You can access your QuickBooks files and applications in the Cloud via a pc desktop, Mac, IPhone, iPad, Android or any Tablet PC. Cloud9 Real Time offers a privately labeled all-in-one virtual office solution for your staff and your clients. There is no longer a need for back-ups, we offer a complete redundancy and disaster recover environment. Voted best Hosting Company by the CPA Practice Advisor. Cloud9 Real Time provides clients a secure and private cloud solution. On the forefront of cloud computing, giving user’s access to their Applications, Data and Exchange services in one central location, Get your business in the Cloud today with Cloud9 Real Time, for a FREE Trial Account, please call us at (888) 869-0076 or visit us at www.cloud9realtime.com
Ace Cloud Hosting
With over a decade of experience in QuickBooks hosting, Ace Cloud Hosting provides QuickBooks hosting @ $19.50/user/month for first three months.
- 24X7 free technical support
- 30 days data backup
- 99.95% server uptime
- Complete data security
- We host all Windows based applications on the cloud
Call us on 1-855-219-0431 or email us on email@example.com for 10-days free trial or an instant live demo.
Infinitely Virtual offers the industry's widest array of products and services based on Cloud Server technology. Clients get a dedicated team of virtualization experts whose sole responsibility is to help them achieve their IT goals, through the most cost-effective solution on the market.
Since 1997, Insynq has provided elegant cloud hosting solutions to professionals seeking mobility, security, and freedom. Now all of your data and software can be securely accessible from one convenient location, no matter where you are or what device you're using. Customizable collaboration in real-time with co-workers, clients, and peers gives you complete freedom and total control.
Myownasp.com provides hosting for accounting applications that give you better access to your data and save you time and money. We are different than other hosting providers by providing dedicated 2012 servers (Not Shared) and providing 99.99% uptime, the highest level in the industry, so you can get to your data whenever you need it. Plus our Engineers and Consultants are certified on everything we host so you can be sure you'll have a knowledgeable team to work with and the finest customer service possible. However, in the rare case an issue arises, you'll have 24/7 support with an average response time of less than 10 minutes. All of this is why more Accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Partners choose myownasp.com to host their critical business applications than any other company in the US.
myVAO hosts QuickBooks and third party apps. Created by accountants for accountants, myVAO is fast, secure and simple to use. If you need hosted QuickBooks then myVAO is the place for you.
NovelASPect, a leader in QuickBooks Hosting and an Intuit Authorized approved commercial host, offers Citrix QuickBooks Hosting to users around the world.
- 24/7/365 US Based tech support
- Citrix Environment
- Hundreds of integrated applications
- 3 data centers
- 10 years of experience
Call or email our sales team at 888-244-6559 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 703-715-4930 and find out why clients love to be a part of the Network Alliance family
- Faster performance than your desktop!
- Simple to use!
- Hourly Backups!
- Award winning support team to ensure you stay productive!
- Live unvetted client feedback on our website!
- No long term contracts – we only need 30 days to earn your business for a lifetime!
- 98% client retention since 1997!
Right Networks is the leading provider of hosted applications for small businesses and accounting firms. Authorized by major corporations and acclaimed by industry leaders, Right Networks is the right choice to move your organization into the cloud easily, reliably, and securely.
SKYLINE Cloud Services was launched in 2007 to meet the rising demand of SMB for application hosting and datacenter services previously available only to the Enterprise. SKYLINE was a pilot member of Intuit's Commercial Hosting Program and the Intuit Franchise Program, and supports some of the biggest aggregations of SMB on the Cloud today.
SkySphere can host your QuickBooks and has years of experiencing doing it! We have made this process as easy as going to a website to upload your data file. Then you can seamlessly access your Quickbooks from home, from work, your iPad, and your laptop – anywhere. We use a proprietary technology from VMware® to make this experience seamless and to make sure you have no worries. Host Quickbooks in our world class data center, that is SOC-2 certified, and let us handle the servers!
Swizznet is the premier QuickBooks hosting and online accounting solution provider. We deliver the most seamless and reliable QuickBooks hosting platform and back it up with passionate US-based customer support, meaning that unlike other offerings, Swizznet customers enjoy an easy, solid and secure anytime-anywhere accounting experience.
Xcentric is a team of professionals that are laser-focused on providing hosted and managed technology platforms for the accounting industry. Our industry expertise, technological expertise and thought leadership have been developed from serving the CPA community for over 20 years.
At nGenx, the cloud starts and ends with you. We have been in the cloud since its earliest days. We support a full suite of services, including Quickbooks, to meet your IT needs. We store all data in our SSAE16 certified data centers using current technologies from Microsoft, Citrix and others.
Technology that's always there, always available, always accessible. We can help you access QuickBooks through a virtual desktop or through a VSystems virtual private server (HIPPA, PCI DSS and SSAE 16 certified). No new licensing required. You can bring your existing QuickBooks license(s) to Virtual Systems and we'll host your QuickBooks and install any upgrades while you focus on running your business. Don't have a QuickBooks license, but need one? Virtual Systems can help procure your licenses as part of the package.
The most trusted name delivering mission critical applications via the cloud. A technology parter that enables all organization to be flexible and operate at the maximum of their ability. MIsys, Fishbowl, BillQuick, Starship and all 3rd party solutions hosted here with confidence and expertise to support them all. Flexible enough to grow from Quickbooks to Oracle and everything in between. No Limits, GoMobile, GoGlobal - GoToMyERP.
Join the over 6000 customers currently using the CPAz Cloud. We are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and have the coveted SSAE16 certification. We offer dedicated private cloud servers for all customers so that they can enjoy unparalleled security and disaster recovery services. You will be able to access Quickbooks from anywhere, anytime from any Windows or Mac computer, iOS or Droid tablet or smart phone. Pricing starts at just $49/user without any hidden fees, and no annual contract required. We also offer a 30 day free trial with no credit card required, and have a passionate US based support team.
HostBooks has proudly served the accounting industry since 2001 as an end to end ProAdvisor firm, offering customized service and support for every accounting need. Recognized as an Elite Intuit Premier Reseller firm, we are proud to exclusively support, sell and host QuickBooks accounting software only. Contact us today for a live demo of our hosting service and see how HostBooks can help your firm get started on QuickBooks easily!
Here are some additional benefits you'll enjoy as a HostBooks customer:
- First month of hosting for free.
- 24x7 QuickBooks & Hosting Support.
- Easily integrate QuickBooks into multiple applications, such as: Payment Gateway's, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing & Invoicing, Inventory, CRM, Data Sync and many more…
- Peace of mind as data is secured with SSAE16.
- Multiple, US based data centers.
- 99.99% Server Uptime.
Toll-Free: (844) 763-5788
Call 850-391-1022 for secure, compliant hosting for QuickBooks in Coaxis' private, Tier 4 data center. Coaxis specializes in serving financial, healthcare, and criminal justice clients.
- Full desktop versions for QuickBooks
- Multiple, daily backups
- SOC 2 and GLBA compliant
- HIPAA HITECH compliant
- CJIS compliant, FedRAMP/FISMA Ready
- Competitively priced for month-to-month service
- Tech support via phone, email and online
Coaxis offers fully-managed data hosting and cloud computing service for additional software applications, customized to each client's needs. Visit: www.coaxissolutions.com
Netgain's IT Cloud is the premier solution for CPA firms requiring stringent security protocols and optimized application hosting inside a robust Microsoft Azure IT environment. We enable CPA firms to better serve their clients, increase employee productivity and grow their firm. You require (and deserve) your IT to be ultra-secure, highly reliable and lightning-fast, with incredible support, compliance and stability. What do you want to G^IN today?
Anderson ZurMuehlen Technology Services
Anderson ZurMuehlen Technology Services brings over 60 years of professional services experience into our services and our approach. Unlike a typical IT solution provider, we believe our success is firmly rooted in two things; great technology and relationships. Get a full version of QuickBooks using our secure, powerful, fully supported virtual machines. Access your accounting files from anywhere, using any device with full functionality, all secured in our data center. Bring your existing QuickBooks licensing, or let us help secure your license for you.
Productive Computing is a QuickBooks and FileMaker hosting provider. We specialize in helping FileMaker users host both their FileMaker Pro app and their QuickBooks file in the Cloud. With our FM Books Connector plug-in, our clients can connect their FileMaker Pro solution to their QuickBooks file, allowing the two programs to seamlessly exchange data.
- Host both your FileMaker solution and QuickBooks Desktop files
- Option to host QuickBooks while maintaining your existing FileMaker hosting provider
- Options for third-party FileMaker plug-in integration
- Options for MS Office and or your own third-party desktop software
- AWS environment in the U.S.
- Tech support via phone or email
Call or email our sales team at 760-510-1200 or email@example.com.